Once again, a massive thank you to Thoughts from Jasmine for nominating me for this award! I really love the tone of her posts – they’re so chatty and friendly and her posts always seem really honest so go and check her blog out if you fancy reading some great posts! The rules for this award are really straightforward:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself
2) Answer the eleven questions your nominator has asked you
3) Nominate eleven other bloggers
4) Ask them eleven questions
5) Let them know you have nominated them!
Eleven Facts About Me
1) My favourite food is pasta. Not just since I’ve been at uni, but I’ve always loved pasta. Its so quick and easy and you can put just about anything with it! The amount of times at uni I’ve just chucked some chicken, veg in a pan then added Philadelphia cheese and pasta are too many to count! It makes such a tasty meal and only takes about fifteen minutes to be ready!
2) I always have music on. Unless I’m really concentrating or feel like silence, I will have music playing. Its not that I mind silence, but music just lifts my mood and makes me feel really cheerful! I usually use Spotify (not Premium because I’m a skint student!) and tend to have either the ‘Hot Hits’, ‘Tropical House’ or some praise and worship playlists on most of the time.
3) I love football. For some reason I always think everyone knows this about me, yet I still get people surprised when I start talking about football with them. I support Preston North End and no, I will not be switching my allegiance from my home team while I live in the North’s main red/blue divided city!
4) I have a black belt in Shotokan Karate. When I was younger, I did karate for about five years and in that time I managed to achieve my black belt. I’m not going to lie, it was really hard to achieve and I did stop doing karate not long after but it was really helpful in teaching the art of defence and self-discipline!
5) I have two younger sisters. There are sixteen months between me and the oldest of them and then three years, three weeks and a day between my youngest sister and I. We are all really close and they are two of my best friends.
6) When I graduate, I really want to travel the world. I think this will not only be a great life experience, but it will also be a great way to build up a bit of a writing portfolio to help me get a job on my return!
7) I could live off Dairy Milk chocolate bars. Obviously not literally, because I’d probably die, but there is no chocolate I love more than good old plain dairy milk. I can eat so much of it, its not even funny!
8) Probably not the best idea to admit this so publicly… But I find it very difficult to get anywhere on time. At uni, the only real ‘clock’ is the digital clock on my music speaker. I always have this set at least five minutes fast in order to trick myself that I’m running later than I actually am. And it works! So I would really recommend this trick if you struggle being punctual like I do!
9) I love cooking. Pretty sure I’ve used this fact before but I’m quickly running out of ‘interesting’ things about myself! Apologies as always to my Snapchat friends for the endless photos of the food I’ve made but I love to share when I’ve made something that looks good, especially if it tastes alright too!
10) I love going to the gym. This is a really weird one I think but I do really love going to the gym (If you follow my blog on Instagram you probably already know this, but if you’re not, why not?! You can find that here, please do give it a follow!). Going to the gym has really helped me have better self-confidence and a more positive body image too. Working out helps me to relax and it also helps me clear my head. Its a great stress-reliever!
(Also, see #7 for why I first started going to the gym!!!!)
11) I don’t have a favourite TV show/film. This is always something people like to ask but I can never tell them an answer! I find it so hard to answer because what I like to watch varies massively and to be honest, it depends on what’s on TV at the time. One film I will always love is Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close which is a really moving film about the repercussions of 9/11 on an American family.
Eleven Questions From Jas
1) What is your favourite Disney movie?
This is super easy! The Lion King will forever be my favourite Disney film. I just love the songs, the characters – everything about it really! It’s such a simple storyline but I just think its a lovely film. I’m also quite a fan of The Jungle Book (not the live-action remake though – they took all the songs out!) and Moana which we watched recently at uni.
2) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Love this question! This is really hard… so, in five years I’ll have been out of uni for three years and I’ll be 24… wow!
Okay… So I would love to be working making money from writing, preferably that I enjoy doing! I would like to have a boyfriend, be able to drive at this point and also still be blogging! I would also like to have been travelling round the world and maybe have a Master’s degree in Creative Writing as well. That might be too much to ask but please God!!!!!!! Maybe that’s more where I aspire to be, rather than where I think I will be!!!
3) What’s your favourite food?
Should probably have read the questions again before I wrote the facts about myself! But my favourite food(s) are pasta and dairy milks… but not to be eaten together!
4) Jeans and trainers or dresses and heels?
Another hard question! I should probably say jeans and trainers because that’s what I wear pretty much every day, but I do love dressing up, doing my hair and makeup and wearing a dress and heels. So I choose dresses and heels because it makes me feel more confident!
5) What’s the first thing you did when you got up this morning?
Very boring answer and this is probably going to disgust a lot of people, but I made my cereal and added the milk… then did some hand washing while I waited for the Weetabix to go soggy! Productive use of my time I reckon!
6) If you could play one instrument what would it be?
Its a shame because I can’t actually play any instruments, even though its something I always wanted to do. I would play either piano or guitar because I think they’re really cool instruments to be able to play!
7) Which fictional character would you say most embodies you?
In all honesty, I’ve never really found a fictional character that I’ve seen and thought “Yes, that character is basically me!”. So I’m going to give a really typical answer and say Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, of course. In personalities, we are very different. However, her journey throughout the books where it seems like she discovers who she is was very relatable for me as I went through high school and then college. And we are also quite similar in that some of our closest friends are guys! So yeah, I guess Hermione Granger is the character I can think of that has some similar traits to me.
8) If you could act in one TV show, what would it be?
I think it would have to be Broadchurch. This is simply because I know that when they filmed the first series (at least), the cast were not told what the outcome of the case was. If I was an actress, I think I would find this a really refreshing approach and it would make me want to watch it even though I was in it myself! Its a good job I’m not an actress though – I think the emotional storylines would be too much for me but I would enjoy the element of mystery surrounding the plot!
9) Sweet or Savoury food?
It depends what it is! I do love chocolate though so I’ll have to say sweet!
10) When did you start your blog?
I started my blog on 31st October 2016. I cant believe I’ve only had this blog for four months! Time flies when you’re having fun!
11) What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
This is such a good question! I think my favourite thing would have to be being able to express my thoughts and share my writing on a platform that is so open, yet still reasonably private. I love being able to share as much or as little about myself as I like and having the freedom to explore new ideas, styles and talk about whatever I like really. I find it a great way to de-stress and relax.
…And that’s the end! I’ll include my list of nominees and questions below, but a massive thank you once again to the lovely Jas for nominating me and I hope you all enjoyed reading my post!
Until next time,
My Eleven Nominations
The Blog With All That Jazz
…. and you! If you have a blog and you’re reading this, I nominate you! Enjoy x
My Eleven Questions
1) Would you rather hear one song constantly for the rest of your life (and if so, what song?), or never hear any music again?
2) If your last meal was tomorrow, what would you eat?
3) What is your favourite chocolate bar?
4) How would you describe yourself in three words?
5) What is your favourite colour?
6) What animal do you feel best represents yourself?
7) If you could learn to speak one language, what would it be and why?
8) Do you have any unusual talents? And if so, what is it?
9) Why did you start blogging?
10) What is your number one tip for other bloggers?
11) What are you most proud of about your blog?